Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Melting Pot, and Crocs of Course!

Ok...it has been a while since my last blog. I have been VERY busy with my uncontrollable teen, who is now staying with my brother until his court date. Sad to say, but it really is not good with him living with me. He refuses therapy, runs away, and other things that no one probably wants to hear.

Anyway.....so I went to The Melting Pot for my birthday! Well, did anyone know that it is a 3 hour meal? I didn't! Also, did you know you have to cook your own food? I didn't know that either! Well, I went because I thought it would be really nice to go to. Boy am I glad it was just my husband and I. DO NOT BRING KIDS TO EAT THERE! Trust me! So, here is how it goes. They bring you the wine menu and let you look at it for about 20 minutes, all the while, you are smelling everyone else's food, your mouth is getting dry, and you are now dying of thirst. The waitress comes back and takes your drink order. Then you choose which cheese you would like to have, which takes forever to pick because if you are like me, I had no clue what these crazy named expensive cheeses are. So, we now have our drink order placed and our cheese order placed. About 15 minutes later my wine comes, and Greg has no beer. Our waitress FINALLY returns to do our cheese fondue. Now, mind you, it is a spicy cheese that we picked and Greg did not get his beer until half way through. The poor man had to be just about choking, lol.

In the meantime, the waitress is making up our entree broth because we chose to skip the salad..Thank God for that or it would have been 4 hours! Well, we had a young waitress that was totally clueless. She was like, ummmmm sir, you wanted Amber Bita? What is that....ummm ABITA AMBER, A BEER! Waitress::: Oh HAHA! Reminded me of our 16 yr old daughter lol.

Then here comes a plate of RAW veggies and RAW meats.....yep,RAW! You get to cook it yourself for $100.00!!! WOW! They are smart! Let the customers cook and charge a fortune!

We had been listening to the waiter that was handling the table next to us because he knew what he was talking about, unlike little miss sweet and clueless. Our waitress couldn't remember how long to cook each meat for, so okay we learned from the next table.

We started out by trying to cook a lot at once, realizing that it is impossible. So, you cook ONE piece of meat by itself! No wonder it takes hours to eat! Now, the place is extremely nice, and they play calm and relaxing music! The ambience is fantastic and it is a GREAT experience.

So, after our hour ordeal over cooking the fine meats, which were really tasty, we get to order our chocolate YUMMY!!!! She brought a plate out that had marshmallows, cheesecake, and other dippers. Well, it was funny because she was explaining what each item was and she said oh the marshmallows are coconut and ummm........I can't remember, she said....OHHHHHHH OREO COOKIES! OMG I died out laughing. You cannot remember they are rolled in OREOS?

Another table arrived and the waitress was kind of loud, so you can't help but hear, right? So, we are listening to her, and she sounded like a tour guide. Waitress:: Here at the melting pot we believe in safety rules and measures, so please do not eat off of your fondue fork, and this spoon is your safety retriever in case your items fall off of your fork. OKAYYYYYYY!

They really need to find a happy medium between clueless girl and tour guide, lol. But, all in all it was a fun birthday! They even gave me a birthday card! It was very nice! Honestly though, I doubt we go back unless it is another special occassion. But, it is worth trying at least once!

Now on the crocs note....I bought Carlee some crocs, and got an email from the lady. It stated....Just to let you know, crocs fade in the sun if left outside and can also melt. Please do not put your crocs in the dishwasher. OKAY........People put their crocs in the dishwasher to clean them? Are they serious????? And shouldn't ANYONE be smart enough to know that just about EVERYTHING fades in the sun????

Well, I will try to post again later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ty u for the post...u know how needy i am..i was going thru withdraws...lots o' hugs!!!!